Busy busy busy! Things have been so crazy around here
recently. I have been working very hard. The ten-hour workdays totally wear me
out, but I feel like I have really caught my stride here. Earning a living is
really gratifying, but I am exhausted all the time. I can't believe that I've been here for seven weeks. Time is flying.
In the past month and a half, I have visited five different
churches; none of them stack up to the fabulous GSL in Memphis, TN. I am very tired of church shopping, and I am taking a week off. I have told about a million people in the past week about how much I am looking forward to getting back to Memphis some day. Seriously! You don't realize how great a place is until you leave, and Memphis truly is a great place. This Sunday, I'm eating waffles and reading the newspaper, thankyouverymuch.
| Waffles and a LARGE coffee for $5.00... |
Food- I have gone to a bunch of different restaurants, and tried
some new things… like Korean fare. I've found some good Mexican and Vietnamese places. I’ve also rediscovered dessert. Yikes! A
cake with four layers for $6... that spells trouble. I think that hummingbird cake must be a southern thing. Even better with coffee.
I’m having a great time here, have made lots of new friends
and I have lots to do. Next week, I’m flying away to Louisville, KY to spend a
weekend with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment