Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mean green juice

This morning, I was feeling a little lethargic thanks to some very tasty bar food that I had for dinner last night. I wouldn't trade dinner in- the truffle fries and chicken wings were so SO good, however I found myself seeking a healthy boost this morning. Enter green juice.

Have you ever had green juice? This is some of my favorite stuff. I don't own a juicer, so I bought this drink from a local coffee shop. This one involves the usual suspects like kale, cucumber and apple, but it also has jalapeƱo and cilantro, so I started my morning with a little kick.

As I walked up to work with my funny looking drink, I noticed a funny thing: I walked past the treats for sale at the farmer's market without even thinking about it. It's like one healthy choice influences another. After realizing that small win, I decided not to pick up a cookie that was up for grabs in our break room. It was a healthy decision snowball effect. Neat! I found that I was hungry by 10:00 am, so maybe juice isn't quite substantial enough to be my breakfast on the regular, but I think I may work it into my routine every now and again.

No comments: