Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesdees

There are about one million things that I love about my job, but one of them is that I get every other Tuesday off of work. This is leisure day, and I revel in getting to buzz around town, no schedule, just fun.

Today it's raining- lots of thunder and lightning here in Midwest-land. I've posted up at Mud Pie coffee shop and (vegan) bakery, where I have found a corner desk, procured a large cup of coffee and have set about to write profound things for you to read. By the way, I love living in the kind of place that has vegan bakeries. The plant-based lifestyle isn't for me, but it's fun to pretend sometimes. Also, city living is the best. We didn't have nichey places like this in the small town I lived in last year.

Not much going on, clearly, but isn't that great? It's so nice to take the time to just do nothing. That seems like a backwards thing- reserving time to do nothing, but I think it's important. In real life, I am a huge fan of a prioritized to-do list, a plan for improvement, and a full schedule. These things make us better and more productive individuals. You need a task list with a back-up plan and an emergency plan for if that plan falls through...

...but not on Tuesday!

Today I eat cookies, type unfocused blog posts, and watch the rain fall out the window. Have a great day, everyone!

No comments: